« Personal Mission Statement | Main | Mile 3: The Peace Pit »
March 31, 2004
Imam Abdullah

by Gillette aka Hassan[uddin] Khaja

A special edition of Hidaya
please be patient while the image loads

Artist: Altaf Sharif

Wajahat Gilani said

hahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha

on March 31, 2004 5:37 PM
Abdullah Somebody said

LOL!
VERY FUNNY

on March 31, 2004 8:33 PM
Ali Ibn Masood said

Way to make up with the sisters Hassan! :)
What would really be funny is if it was true.

on March 31, 2004 10:19 PM

on April 1, 2004 12:55 AM
Gillette said

"Good stuff. Btw, that muhajiba in the blue doesnt have an arm in the last frame...Am I the only person disturbed by this?"

on April 1, 2004 9:08 AM
Azeem said

salam

maybe she tucked her arms into her jilbaab...

looking at this cartoon made me remember Lego Men.. we should have Muslim Lego Figures... they could be without faces! Rememeber how lego men had hats.. well we can have hijaabs, kufis, turbans, those red sufi caps (just playing!) the bodies had clothes drawn on them, so we can have thobes, jalabeeya, jilbaab, Funky Kameze Shalwars (hot pink with purple pokedots).. but then we'd need a dupatta to match. Not sure how that would work. And we can have suits for "Modern Muslim Lego Men"

Im JUST PLAYING!

on April 1, 2004 3:17 PM
Arif said

good post :)...it was very funny and while yes it's true that women seem to be more active than men in islamic activities, i wouldn't say that the men section is empty :)...
would u guys like me to continue my Little Reminders ? :)

Arif bin Muzaffar Syed Hussain

on April 1, 2004 3:51 PM

man, I grew up on Lego. There definitely should be Muslim lego figures. And they also need to make special muslim lego pieces...like the tops of minarets and pretty mihrabs and stuff so that we can make masjids for the Muslim lego people to pray in.

on April 1, 2004 4:50 PM
Mostafa ibn Mohamed Khalifa said

Asalaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Ya Ibn Muzaffar, please re-start your not-so-little reminders :) Jazaak Allahu jhayr.

on April 1, 2004 6:10 PM
altaf sharif said

hey they dont have feet either, they just slide

on April 1, 2004 11:15 PM

I was assuming the feet were under their Th'oubs. Anyway, I love the Imam's beard, a total of 9 pixels long. This Imam needs to be taught the rule of one fist length. Anyway, excellent work Altaf, you are very tallented Mashallah. (O and Hassan did well too)

Faisal Akhtar

on April 2, 2004 12:22 AM

The imam does not seem to have a fist. Hence, thus, therefore, there is no way to evaluate his beard in light of the fist-length narration of Umer (RA). Also, we must keep in mind that he might be Shafi'i. Please make 70 excuses for the imam.

on April 2, 2004 2:22 AM
Wajahat Gilani said

I'll rock a sufi red cap any day!!

walaikumsalaam
Wajahat Gilani

on April 2, 2004 9:58 AM
Gillette aka Hassan Khaja said

It was narrated that Umm Humayd the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa’idi came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I like to pray with you.” He said, “I know that you like to pray with me, but your prayer in your room is better for you than your prayer in your courtyard and your prayer in your courtyard is better for you than your praying in your house, and your prayer in your house is better for you than your prayer in the mosque of your people, and your prayer in the mosque of your people is better for you than your prayer in my mosque.” So she issued orders that a prayer-place be prepared for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she used to pray there until she met Allaah (i.e., died).”

(Ahmad)

Had you told a woman that the home is better, she'll argue to death that she's still allowed to pray in the masjid. Had you told a man that prayer at the masjid is required, except with a valid excuse (i.e. he's gonna die, work, class - not studying), he'll argue to death that he's still allowed to pray outside of the masjid.

The comic, my prediction for the future in light of what I just mentioned, demonstrates - though women don't have to pray at home and men might not have to pray in the masjid - how the mindset of today's muslim has changed because values have changed.

on April 2, 2004 2:43 PM

wait, so the comic WASNT about the Ummah's need for Muslim Lego figures???

on April 2, 2004 3:35 PM
bidoon al-ism said

cute comic

Gillette -- i've noticed you like to generalize people.. i know women and men who would not argue to death about it.

on November 30, 2004 9:48 PM