« Emotions | Main | My soul cries outÖ »
July 9, 2004
Summer Abductions?

by Justoju

Ahhh, long have I awaited this night. I could write about just about anything, post it up, and no one will notice what a load of literary garbage I threw at their screens. Why? Because this site has been pretty quiet ever since the summer began. Shoot, its so desolate that I make sure I have a mahram with me when I come here at night. Anyway, being the opportunist that I am, I will take advantage of this golden window of opportunity and show you how bad truly utterly bad writing CAN be. But before I indulgently and sadistically do that, I ask:

...WHY? Whatís going on? Where is everyone? Why has this happened?

Is it because the columnists are on vacation?

Is it because the commenters are on vacation?

Is it because the columnists ARE the commenters and they are on vacation?

Is it because there has been a mass ISRU conversion to Buddhism and
everyone took a 3 month long vow of silence?

Is it because everyone is out watching Spiderman II?

Is it because our editor is trying to better himself abroad and isnít here?

Is it because the troublemakers are out robbing liquor stores and making trouble elsewhere?

Is it because people are either getting married or attending weddings at every given moment?

Is it because those that arenít attending weddings are too depressed to write?

Is it because itís the summer and people are in love and are too busy skipping about in fields of daisies and batting eyelashes?

Is it because burning Islamic issues just donít seem so burning anymore when you are sipping a tall cool glass of glistening iced tea under the summer sun?

Is it because people are too busy working overtime so that they can afford washing machines?

Is it because the NJ turnpike series ended and now people have no motivation whatsoever to come to Hidaya?

Is it because the heat creates an epidemic of writer's block?

Is it because we have too little structure in our lives over the summer so we end up being highly unproductive in many respects?

Is it because all of you have only existed in my mind and I am starting to slowly regain touch with reality?

Is it because you all are actually out there on the streets fighting crime and kufr?

Is it because you are all at a party that no one told me about? (I wouldnít be surprised).

Is it because you are all figments of my degenerative and withering imagination?

So what is it oh readers? Where are you? How have you all been spending your time? Someone give me answers! Anyone! Just post a comment with your hypothesis. Please. These crickets are driving me insane. I will write about this in length later, but for now, please post a comment about anything you want. Really ANYTHING. All random nonsensical (and sometimes paranoid and/or schizophrenic) points are welcome. If you donít post I will be forced to use your user names and post a comment on your behalf. Just kidding (not really). I wouldnít do that (actually I definitely would). Nothing to worry about (you have no idea). Only a crazy person would do something like that (who you calling crazy?).

---------------------------------------------------------

Afterthought

Wow. This piece sucks. Man I feel sorry for those two people that just wasted their time reading this. My consolation is that one of those two people is me, so technically I have only wasted one other person's time. Wait, that other person is you isnt it. Uhh gee I am sorry, nothing personal chap.

AS Salaamu Alaikum

I'm here.Winter holidays are on.Wont be here next week-attending an Islamic camp organised by WAMY (World assembly of muslim youth) Inshallah. Chill sister-readers are probably 2 lazy 2 comment but they must be there.I can see you're sad so I thought I'd share this with all of you:

Do not be sad, because sadness causes you to regret the past, to have misgivings concerning the future, and to make you waste away your present.

Do not be sad, because it causes the heart to contract, the face to frown, the spirit to weaken, and hope to vanish.

Do not be sad, because your sadness pleases your enemy, angers your friend, and makes the jealous rejoice.

Do not be sad, because by being sad, you are complaining against the Divine decree, showing vexation at what is written for you. It takes you out of loving emotions. It is verdict against the blessings.

Do not be sad, because grief cannot return to you the one that is lost or is gone away. It cannot resurrect the dead, it cannot change fate or bring any benefit whatsoever.

Do not be sad, because sadness is often from the devil and is a kind of hopelessness.

Allah, the All-High says:

“Have We not opened your breast for you? And removed from you your burden, which weighed down on your back? And have we not raised high your fame? So verily, along with every hardship, there is relief Verily, with the hardship, there is relief [i.e. there is one hardship with two relief’s, so one hardship cannot overcome two relief’s]. So when you have finished [from your occupation], then stand up for Allah’s worship [i.e. stand up for prayer]. And to your Lord [Alone] turn your invocations.” Surah Ash-Sharh – Ayah’s 1-8.

Details Taken From – “Don’t Be Sad” by Shaykh Aaidh Al-Qarni.

Ma'assalaam

on July 10, 2004 3:38 AM

lol, thanks sister, but what on earth made you think I was sad? I am just wondering what it is in the summer that made Hidaya quiet down.

Thanks anyway for the quote though:)

on July 10, 2004 8:37 AM
Ibn Muzaffar Syed Hussain said

salaam everyone,

i guess the summer is when everyone has a life and doesn't have to spend 24/7 in front of the computer so they don't go to Hidaya as much and therefore, don't post...as for me, I'm busy with school, only have a month left for the semester and Insha'allah I'll do well. Just keep me and the rest of the Muslims in your prayers because Dua is the weapon of the believer.

Insha'allah I pray all of you are well.

Wassalaam
Arif ibn Muzaffar

on July 10, 2004 9:21 AM

Frustrations make me sad lol.Just wanted to add something worthwhile to my post.Might help someone somewhere down the line Inshallah.

A quote:

"do not look at how small your sin is, consider the greatness of whom you sinned against"
> >>Bilal ibn Saeed

May ALLAH grant us taqwa.Ameen
Ma'asslaam

on July 10, 2004 11:19 AM
Gillette said

During the summer, my contact with sisters (my primary inspiration) is limited.

on July 10, 2004 1:29 PM

Dear Sister Justoju

The long list of questions are not really questions. Plug in a yes for the answer to all of them and you have a got a list of actual reason for the drop in readership (is that even a word?).

Anyway, even if there is nobody left to comment on Hidaya, nobody left to write for it, the mere prescence of this website gaurantees continued traffic due to collection of the great articles. Besides that will not happen Inshallah. As long as me, Hassan, Sister Nadia, Rami, Sister Khaliq, you and other Hidaya loyalists are alive, we will inshallah continue to post to the best of our abilities. At-least I will because I owe alot to Hidaya and I will not leave when the going has gotten a little tough. Hidaya supported me through tough times so now I will support it.

Wasalam

on July 10, 2004 1:53 PM

"During the summer, my contact with sisters (my primary inspiration) is limited."

Oh come now, I am sure you can find something else to make you angry enough to write.

And Bint abdul khaliq, I loved the last quote you put up. To it I say 'Word'.

on July 10, 2004 4:05 PM

Alo,

Second and third-world internet access SUXorz so I haven't been reading, but this was chill enough to respond to without thinking...:

Tsk tsk Hassan... (I should have brought you along with me, that problem wouldn't be a problem no mo' ;) )

Sr. Bint Abdul Khaliq, both quotes are much worthy of "lafdhification"(Faisal, now THAT's a word).

C'mon writerz, let's see somma that fiery, poetic, or prosetic goodness people come to Hidaya for. Slackers...

Halal McDonald's slogan of the day:
"Your world changes
... Big Mac doesn't"

salaams

on July 11, 2004 3:22 AM

Assalamu Alaykum,
I am sorta back. There is a WAMY camp for girls in USA( get out!?) when? I have always wanted to attend one of those. But the month that I have been absent is because I actually had a real life for a change I got married, alhamdulillaah. Alhamdulillaah the guy is great. I didnt see any cultural barriers even though I got married overseas other than you dont get as much privacy as you do in America because there are relatives all the time coming over and they have one big family living in one house etc, so not much privacy. So although, I make no promises, but I might not write again cause I wont have time with school and all and now I can write to one person(hehe, my husband).
Regards,
Ibtisam

on July 13, 2004 8:04 PM

Congratulations Sister Ibtisam. :-)

on July 14, 2004 4:25 AM