« He Despaired | Main | Prepare for Battle »
November 9, 2004
me & you

by Gillette aka Hassan[uddin] Khaja

my paradise is remembrance of you
give me nothing in this world
except a mus-haf and speech
to recite your praises
until i meet my gravestone and white funeral garb
my hell is forgetfulness of you
punishment in this world is nothing
except the lack of a tongue and fingers
to count your praise and glory
my eyes are your seeing
my ears are your hearing
my hearing is more pleased by your word than when
my hearing is pleased by beautiful women singing for me
my eyes desire the chance to envision your face
my soul desires to hear your kalaam
my soul hates kalaam, like urine, that keeps me
from remembering you under your nightlamp
when i express my love for you
under the white and black blanket you've made for me
my most pleasing kiss is when my nose and forehead kiss the floor
in submitting to you
my safety is in the example of your prophet
his footsteps suffice me
my danger is in all that your creations adds to it
or takes away from it
i don't need this world
i just need a night
just us
me and you

Masha Allah Gilette.

I read some of the poems/articles on this website sometimes it really throws one back into reality how when he thinks his Iman is so high...it really is just like a grain of rice when put into relativity.

Waslaam Aleikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatu

on November 10, 2004 3:19 AM

"my most pleasing kiss is when my nose and forehead kiss the floor
in submitting to you"

That verse was just brimming with th "O factor". When I read it, I went OOOOOHHHHH!!!!

SubhanAllah, well done ya akhi.

on November 10, 2004 9:27 AM

Masha'Allah, very well-written.

one wishes that night to never end... and the heart breaks when one sees the sun rise for the day.

on November 11, 2004 1:30 PM

SubhanAllah...the perfect piece to post on Lailatul Qadr mashaAllah...and the verse that Faisal quoted totally floored me; amazing imagery. No doubt, no other kiss compares.

WasalaamuAlaikum

on November 11, 2004 3:27 PM

some words about this poem:

"my eyes are your seeing
my ears are your hearing"

"On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said: the messenger of Allah said:

Allah the Almighty has said: 'Whosoever shows enmity to a friend of Mine, I shall be at war with him...When I love him [allah's (swt) servant] I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees...'

related by Bukhari."

"my soul hates kalaam, like urine, that keeps me
from remembering you under your nightlamp
when i express my love for you
under the white and black blanket you've made for me"

"
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 492:
Narrated 'Abdullah:

It was mentioned before the Prophet that there was a man who slept the night till morning (after sunrise). The Prophet said, 'He is a man in whose ears (or ear) Satan had urinated'
"

"my most pleasing kiss is when my nose and forehead kiss the floor
in submitting to you"

“The closest that any one of you may be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a lot of du’aa’ at that time.” Narrated by Muslim, 482, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah"

on November 14, 2004 2:13 AM

"my eyes are your seeing
my ears are your hearing"

Hmmm...sooo...basically...what you are saying is that Allah (Swt) has become pleased with you to the point where He is your hearing and your seeing? Wow, mashaAllah. Please use your connections generously and make duas for the rest of us poor souls. :)

WasalaamuAlaikum and Eid Mubarak to all.

on November 14, 2004 4:15 AM

thank you for ruining it, justoju :-P

on November 14, 2004 3:40 PM

I apologize for exposing your secret identity as the elite of the awliyah. Please forgive me oh pious and immaculate one. Please ask Allah, Glorious and Exalted, not to declare war upon me. Please forgive me.

...I really loved the poem and its grasp of basic priorities. But when I try to write stuff like that I get really really really scared. My teachers always stressed that the moment we make a claim regarding our qurb with Allah, we have guaranteed that that claim will be tested. All claims are tested but the ones dealing with closeness with the Creator are tested the most severely. Anyone who says "I love You" to Him, will have that love tested and the true lovers will be weeded out from amongst those who only wish to whisper sweet nothings during their duas. If we say that we dont want the world and we only want Him, then that claim will be tested. I know people who made claims and then were seriously tested afterwards. It can come in the shape of a lay-off, the mockery of people, the death of a loved one, or a personal illness...(shivers) Gives me the willies...

Anyway, thats my own personal paranoia. Yes, I am a chicken.

WasalaamuAlaikum

on November 15, 2004 2:07 AM

I"m chicken too.

I"ve seen people tested like that as well.. *shivers*

i'd like to "expect the worst and hope for the best" and try to not pinpoint that you are at a particular state... just that you have to keep climbing that mountain...even if you feel the goal is just a lll ways off...

the motivation for the increase of love for Allah stays, so long as you don't wish for it to end.

remember, man was ever created weak.

on November 16, 2004 9:58 PM
JustSelfCentered said

So Saima, jaane-man, darling, dearest, where have you been and why havent you shared your insights on "He Despaired" yet? :)

on November 16, 2004 11:23 PM

saima, don't answer her; you might feed her self-centeredness :-p

on November 16, 2004 11:28 PM
JustSelfCentered said

Small correction: My self-centeredness does not need Saima's comment in order to be nourished. It is perpetually self-sustaining and self-nourishing. The human nafs does not need others to thrive. It is by nature in a constant state of self-glorification, constantly in sujood before its self. So Saima, whether you post or not, I will be full of myself. But if you post, then maybe I can learn something from your comment.

(dang that was good. I am so deep mashaAllah.)

on November 17, 2004 1:14 AM
saima iqbal said

"my safety is in the example of your prophet
his footsteps suffice me"

I was just thinking of a family friend. The lady has 4 kids and her husband passed away, and I often hear one of her daughter's say that w/o a father, they brother's don't have any footsteps to follow, no guidance on how to behave as husbands/fathers when the time comes. These two lines, Masha Allah, definitely put the emphasis where it should be.

on June 26, 2007 3:41 PM