« How to be a Scholar | Main | The "Middle Path" »
October 31, 2005
Farewell Oh! Guiding friend.

by Bint Abdul Khaliq

Silent tears falling down my cheeks
As I watch you walk away
My heart beckons to you
Not to leave me once again
How I wish you didn't have to go
How I wish it wasn't so..

Yet I know it is the will of The Almighty
The further you walk away
The faster my heart beats
How I wish I valued you as I should have
Cherished you when I had the chance
Now you are leaving me and I can only watch

My purpose I had forgotten
Too engrossed in the scenery
I forgot about my journey
You gently and lovingly guided me
Showed me once again the straight way

My sins were smothering me
Enshrouding me in darkness
My nafs was ruining my heart
My Creator How I had forgotten!
Yet HE had not forgotten me
My loving ALLAH sent me your guiding Light

To brighten my soul
Wipe away my tears
To help me get up again
Strengthen my faith
To help this lost one..
How Merciful is my Creator!

Yet now,Oh Ramdhaan
You are leaving me
Whether I will see you again or not
I have no guarantee
Now is the test
Will I remain steadfast?

Will I imbue these lessons that I have learnt
Into each and every day?
Will I remember
Why my heart is beating?
Why I am breathing?
Will I remember that my only purpose of creation

Is to worship my ALLAH?
Or will the worldly pleasures seep into my heart
Causing me to I forget my ultimate end?
Will I go back to my negligent state
And drown in frivolous pursuit?
Will I allow my heart
To become a haven for the devil?

Oh Allah! Let that not be so!
Let every moment of my life
Be in your obedience
Let every day and every night
Be a means of getting closer to You!
And let us be steadfast in our Imaan
And we beg of you,Oh ALLAH.

let us see another Ramadhaan.

Asalaam Aleikum Warahmatullah Wabarkatu,

I don't want to see it leave either.

on November 1, 2005 1:45 AM
asef said

Jazakum Allah Khairan for this Duaa..

"Let every moment of my life
Be in your obedience
Let every day and every night
Be a means of getting closer to You!
And let us be steadfast in our Imaan
And we beg of you,Oh ALLAH."

AMEEN!

on November 1, 2005 10:07 AM
asef said

Is Eid Tomorrow?

ISNA site says that tonight is first of Shawaal and tomorrow is Eid, Insha'Allah.

****** E I D --- M U B A R I K ******

on November 2, 2005 10:30 PM
Amani said

Ameen.

P.S. Eid Mubarak to all my bros and sisters in Islam. Alhamdulillah we are all united this year in our celebration of Eid! :)

on November 3, 2005 12:48 AM
Tanweer said

Taqabbala Minna wa Minkum

May Allah accept our deeds!

Eid Mubarak everyone

Tanweer

on November 3, 2005 1:13 AM
jinnzaman said

EID MUBARAK!

on November 3, 2005 2:31 AM

Eid Mubarak everyone :)

on November 3, 2005 3:21 AM

just add an http and a : before the url I listed above, and it'll take you to this really cool site of arabic/islamic institutes around the world.

(for some reason HidayaOnline wasnt letting me post the whole url)

on November 3, 2005 3:24 AM

Eid Mubarak!

Kull Ammun Wa Entum Bikhayr!
(May every year be happy for you)

on November 3, 2005 6:50 AM

eid mubarak, word.

may this Ramadan not go to waste, ameen.

on November 3, 2005 9:36 AM
jinnzaman said

Now the real question thats on everyone's minds:

"How much eidhi do I get?"

on November 3, 2005 12:07 PM

Eid Mubarak to one and all! Taqabbalallahu Minna wa minkum!

Maaf and duas!

WAs sAlaam

on November 3, 2005 2:43 PM

Because I am not in jersey (with my 50+ relatives), I had one of my cousins make me an 'Eidi Donation Box'. Now my relatives can conveniently donate to hungry and poor Justojus everywhere.

on November 3, 2005 2:57 PM

only loyal hidayans would comment here on eid.

on November 3, 2005 3:05 PM
jinnzaman said

or people in search of eidhi.

on November 3, 2005 5:52 PM

Sahih Muslim
Book 006, Number 2614:

Narrated by Abu Ayyub al-Ansari

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: “He who observed the fast of Ramadan and then followed it with six (fasts) of Shawwal. It would be as if he fasted perpetually.”

on November 4, 2005 2:25 AM

Asalaam Aleikum Warahmatullah Wbarakatu,

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 4, Book 52, Number 93:
Narrated Abu Said:

I heard the Prophet (Peace be upon him) saying, "Indeed, anyone who fasts for one day for Allah's Pleasure, Allah will keep his face away from the (Hell) fire for (a distance covered by a journey of) seventy years."

on November 4, 2005 2:30 AM

Assalamu alaikum.

Taken from:

//ramadanish.blogspot.com/2005/10/exclusive-ramadanish-interview-with.html

I, Risama am here to give an interview with someone who I have known for many years. We've been through thick and thin, all the ups and downs of life. But since my conversion to Islam, our relationship has been strained. In this holy month of Ramadan, I wanted to sorta catch up with an old friend and kinda of explain why things have been difficult between us. Also, I wanted to give my old friend a platform to speak so that she could get her point across. You know everyone, even the commanding self, the nafs, has the right to speak.

Here's my old friend, known to many as the "ego", Ms. Nafs

RIS: Salaam alaikum nafs!

Nafs: Walaikum.

RIS: Hey, you don't have to be like that. I know this month has been hard on you but believe me, it's for the best.

Nafs: Well, it's not like you've been listening to me anyway.

RIS: Well, it's not like I can't hear you. You've been complaining a lot lately. Everytime I try to pray, you complain. Whenever I give in charity, you complain. Even if I try to do a little dhikr, you start whining.

Nafs: Okay, I'll admit. I was little worried when you started this Islam thing. You wanna stop eating pork, fine. You were never big on pork anyway. Chicken seemed to be your weakness. You wanted to start praying five times a day and I wasn't a fan of Fajr but okay, I can deal. Then Ramadan rolls around. You want the TV off. You want to pray the max for tarawih. You want to give sadaqa 'til it hurts. I mean, you're a good person. You're a good Muslim. You don't have to read Qur'an 'til your eyes hurt. Why are you being so hard on yourself?

RIS: There you go again buttering me up. Doing more prayers can never hurt and this is Ramadan! You only get one month that's jam packed with multiple blessings. One good action is multiplied by a thousand. We can't miss out on this. Who knows if we will see another Ramadan.

Nafs: Dude, you're young. What could happen to you?

RIS: Well, I could have drowned in New Orleans, remember? You are very good at forgetting things. I could have been born and raised in Pakistan and there on the same day that the earthquake happened. A school full of little girls was destroyed by falling debris. Or I could be in Iraq or Palestine. Last time I checked, death doesn't discrimate. Let's not be naive.

Nafs: But I'm tired! Don't your legs hurt doing tarawih? Why do you have to aim for 20 rakats? Why not 8? God understands. It's just Sunnah prayers.

RIS: Okay, I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. Now if an elderly woman in the dead heat in Sudan can pray 20 rakats, so can I. What else should we do? Watch TV?

Nafs: So you don't like TV anymore?

RIS: Okay, let's lay off the TV issue.

Nafs: And I am hungry. So hungry.

RIS: Be happy we can break fast at sunset. The people of Niger feel hunger all the time. So what's a day's worth of fast compared to the starvation of millions.

Nafs: Aaah!

RIS: Are you whining?

Nafs: I liked the old you better!

RIS: Things change, sis. And who knows how we will be in five years, ten years, or fifty years from now, insha'Allah. But we are progressing towards Allah, insha'Allah. You may hate me now and you are complaining about the reading, the praying, the fasting and what not. It's for your own good. Trust me. Jahanam doesn't look too pleasing.

Nafs: Well, it's not as if I have a choice.

RIS: Hey, shaytan is locked up for only a few more days. We only have so much time left until all these good deeds become harder to do. So cheer up and stop bugging me. Stop flattering me. Stop whining or face the consequences of those gaining taqwa.

Nafs: Is that a threat?

RIS: Yep! You've wasted a lot of my time but I am forgiving. We need to work for Jennah so skipping Sunnahs and watching hours of TV just ain't gonna cut it. But I have good news!

Nafs: What?

RIS: Laylatul Qadr is in a few days! We're gonna do some power prayers and some marathon dhikr and some istifghar and we're gonna top it off with dua, dua, dua!

Nafs: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

on November 4, 2005 9:15 AM
asef said

salaam:

******* J U M M A H --- M U B A R A K *******

Casual Comment of the day:

Did you guys know that "Disco" in Latin means "I Learn"...Hmmm, Maybe Muslims should have the intention of doing "Disco" every day.

on November 4, 2005 10:31 AM
asef said

Ok those of you who are in NJ, should not miss this class...Insha'Allah.

htt.p://durbah.almaghrib.org/iih_hq.wmv
(remove the dot between http...somehow I cant post the link as http)

This looks to be a wonderful and very appropriate class for our times. I would have joined you guys, but we have "Conquest" going on at the same time here in Bay Area.

"AlMaghrib Institute represents one of the crowning achievements towards the pursuit of Islamic knowledge." - Suhaib Webb

on November 4, 2005 11:23 AM
Bint Saeed said

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Eid and Jumu'ah Mubarak!!! May we keep the spirit of Ramadan with us always and continue to increase in our Ibadaah in order to welcome next Ramadan with open arms as well as hearts. Ameen!!!

Wasalaam Walaykum

on November 4, 2005 11:41 AM
jinnzaman said

Assalamu alaikum

InshaAllah, i'll be attending the Al Maghrib class once my housing/transportation gets worked out.

masalama

on November 4, 2005 3:06 PM
Donald Duck said

Salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

Eid Mubarak. MashAllah this is a good poem indeed. May Allah Talah Guide us all.

Just wanted to say , that Allah Talah is the Most Just. Lots of people out in the world are living in poverty like in Bangladesh, Pakistan, most African countries, India(lot of Muslims livin in poverty there), and the Middle East. Most of us who go can afford to go to Rutgers, don't know how easy life is for us compared to many living in poverty. Allah Talah will certainly ask us what we did with our wealth, and time.

May Allah Talah make the path easy for us.

JazakAllah khair

on November 4, 2005 6:42 PM
Donald Duck said

Salamaualaikum

ISRU BOWL
DESI Lions vs. Rest of the World
Friday, 11 Novemebr, 2005
3.30 to 6.30 pm
venue : Werblen Recreation Park

starring: for the Lions, (our very own Donnovan Mcnab) former ISRU President and ma man Kashan,
Sheikh and the crew. InshAllah.

Eid Gift from the Brothers' Committee
Eid Mubarak!!
Jazak Allah Khair

on November 4, 2005 7:46 PM
Donald Duck said

Salamualaikum,

really sorry. This site is not affiliated with ISRU anymore. However, if you are a brother who goes to ISRU, the message above is for you. Even if you are not part of ISRU, it doesnt matter, you are still eligible to play. Contact me, Br. Asher or Br. Mohammed Al Amin Kowar if you got any questions.

InshAllah if the Lions win, then I hope Kashan will let us keep his son for a day at Cedar Lane(even though I don't live there, I ll be there for the baby). That is MashAllah one cute baby.

on November 4, 2005 8:06 PM
Banned From ISRU said

ISRU Brothers & Inner Light Productions Present:

BANNED FROM ISRU
A venture into halal entertainment

HIP-HOP * SPOKEN WORD * POETRY * COMEDY * FOOD

Featuring:
G.I. 57 (GI57.com)
HidayaOnline.com's Gillette

HOSTED BY: COMEDIAN MUHAMMED TURAN

WED, NOV 9
7 PM
GRAD STUDENT LOUNGE (GSL - next to the Rutgers Student Center)
126 College Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1166

PERFORMERS WELCOME. PLEASE E-MAIL GILLETTE @ HK2020@AOL.COM

Directions:

GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH

Turn off at Exit 129 for the New Jersey Turnpike and head south. Turn off Exit 9, bear right after the tollbooths and follow signs for "Route 18 North - New Brunswick." Stay to the left to continue on Route 18 North. Proceed along on Route 18 North past the two exits for Route 27 and take the exit marked "George Street-Rutgers University" (approximately 2.6 miles from Turnpike). NOTE: DO NOT take the first George Street exit which is immediately after Paulus Blvd. At the top of the exit ramp, turn right onto George Street. Continue along George Street and bear left at the jug handle onto Huntington Street. Continue along Huntington Street for one block. Turn left at the first traffic light onto College Avenue. GSL will be 2 blocks along College Avenue on the right hand side.

GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH

Turn off at Exit 105 and follow signs for Route 18 North. After approximately 24 miles, you will pass the entrance for the New Jersey Turnpike. Continue on Route 18 North. Proceed along Route 18 North past the two exits for Route 27 and take the exit marked "George Street-Rutgers University" (approximately 2.6 miles from the Turnpike). NOTE: DO NOT take the first George Street exit which is immediately after Paulus Blvd. At the top of the exit ramp, turn right onto George Street. Continue along George Street and bear left at the jug handle onto Huntington Street. Continue along Huntington Street for one block. Turn left at the first traffic light onto College Avenue. GSL will be 2 blocks along College Avenue on the right hand side.

I-287

Turn off at Exit 9 "River Road, Bound Brook, Highland Park." Proceed East on River Road toward Highland Park. Make a right onto Route 18 South (exit after the traffic light at Landing Lane). Cross the Raritan River on the John Lynch Memorial Bridge. Stay in the right lane and take the exit which is marked "George Street - Rutgers University, New Brunswick, Route 27." Turn right at the first traffic light onto Huntington Street. Continue along Huntington Street for one block. Turn left at the first traffic light onto College Avenue. GSL will be 2 blocks along College Avenue on the right hand side.

NJ TURNPIKE

Turn off at Exit 9, bear right after the tollbooths and follow the signs for "Route 18 North - New Brunswick." Stay to the left to continue on Route 18 North. Proceed along Route 18 North past the two exits for Route 27 and take the exit marked "George Street - Rutgers University" (approximately 2.6 miles from the Turnpike). NOTE: DO NOT take the first George Street exit which is immediately after Paulus Blvd. At the top of the exit ramp, turn right onto George Street. Continue along George Street and bear left at the jug handle onto Huntington Street. Continue along Huntington Street for one block. Turn left at the first traffic light onto College Avenue. GSL will be 2 blocks along College Avenue on the right hand side.

ROUTE 1

Turn off at exit marked "Route 18 North – New Brunswick." Proceed along Route 18 North, past the two exits for Route 27 and take the exit, marked "George Street – Rutgers University" (approximately 2.4 miles from Route 1). NOTE: DO NOT take the first George Street exit which is immediately after Paulus Blvd. At the top of the exit ramp, turn right onto George Street. Continue along George Street and bear left at the jug handle onto Huntington Street. Continue along Huntington Street for one block. Turn left at the first traffic light onto College Avenue. GSL will be 2 blocks along College Avenue on the right hand side.

on November 4, 2005 8:33 PM
Donald Duck said

hey Irf,
why do you got to steal the Duck's idea.

Banned from ISRU can't be a great name. How's Banned from ISRU, banned, I mean you are part of the Shura.... for crying out loud you represent ISRU man!!

OK enough of criticism, I give you mad props for arranging this nite man. InshAlah you guys will have a great show. Muhammed Turan can actualy be funny,not the corny stuff but actual "laughter laughter" stuff. And let Al Amin do his stuff, free the bird man free za bard.... You guys need some competition for the hip hop part. So I think you guys should explore some talents out there.

And if the Duckman can help in the show, plz quack quack. (Sleep deprivation makes me talk quack.)

InshAllah Lions will roar on Friday

Salamualaikum

on November 4, 2005 11:53 PM
banned from ISRU aka gillette said

i'm not on the shura.

on November 5, 2005 12:34 AM
confused said

if its called 'banned from isru' why is the isru logo on the flyer?

..or is it not really banned, but people are just calling it that?

on November 5, 2005 12:55 AM
Donald Duck said

Salamualaikum,
I m as confused as you confused. it is not really banned from isru, but people are calling that.

However, the way I see it, since Hidayaonline.com was banned from ISRU because of te fire Gillette spit, and the fact that Gillette and his cronies (most of the brothers who come to ISRU now are mad chill with gillette) are performing, it might be 1 of the reasons to call it banned.

on November 5, 2005 10:20 AM

You're thinking on the wrong track...

Think about who IS banned...

(hint: by holding this event, we're taking over ISRU)

who is "we"???

so many questions...

on November 5, 2005 1:26 PM

ummm shaitan?

on November 5, 2005 2:12 PM

I should prolly add an 'inshaAllah' to that.

on November 5, 2005 2:12 PM

"ummm shaitan?"

Oh man, that was hilarious. To think that we would have such a mashaAllah noble answer for you all :)

on November 5, 2005 2:48 PM
Sisters are banned said

So, Banned from ISRU is sisters that are banned, right?

By the way, belated 3id mubarik everyone.

on November 7, 2005 4:32 PM