« 'Eid ul Adha 1426 | Main | Pretty Woman... »
January 13, 2006
Who am I?

by Bint Saeed

Who am I to want from others when Allah SWT is the sole provider?

-No one-

Who am I to follow others when Rasulullah (SAWS) is the best of all examples?

-No one-

Who am I to pick faults in others when I myself am full of fault?

-No one-

Who am I to be impatient with Allah SWTs decree when He SWT prefers patient perseverance?

-No one-

Who am I to want change in this world when I have done nothing to change myself?

-No one-

Who am I to expect the best from others when I in return give them the worst?

-No one-

Who am I to be unforgiving when Allah SWT prefers those who forgive?

-No one-

Who am I to worry about tomorrow when my end can come today?

-No one-

Who am I to despair of Allah SWTs decree when He SWT is the best judge?

-No one-

Who am I to expect an immediate response to my dua when Allah SWT knows what is best for me?

-No one-

Who am I?

Who am I?

-I am no one-

If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed do not despair of it.

His reply to you is guaranteed; but in the way He chooses, not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire.

- Shaykh ash-Shadhili

Jazakillah for that sis,makes you think.

Was Salaam

on January 13, 2006 12:02 PM
asef said

Ya bint Saeed, May Allah bless your thoughts and actions, and may HE elevate your status in this life and in the hereafter...Ameen

Excellent reminder, Masha'Allah!

on January 13, 2006 7:03 PM
Bint Saeed said

JazakAllahu Khayr! Ameen thumma ameen and may Allah SWT do the same if not MORE for you InshaAllah! Ameen.

Wasalaam Walaykum

on January 13, 2006 9:04 PM

MashaAllah, that was a nice quote by Sheikh al Shadhili (rahmatullah alayh) that you used in the end.

on January 14, 2006 5:56 AM
Bint Saeed said

Sister Justoju you're absolutely correct about the quote. SubhanAllah sometimes lessons taught in the clearest, easiest, and precise manner stick in our minds. Furthermore, they allow us to apply these words to ourselves. There's this other quote I've been waiting anxiously to post on Hidaya, but I need to sit and write another piece to accompany it InshaAllah:)

on January 14, 2006 10:35 AM
saima said

Very good poem, specially the quote at the end.

Sabr is something most of us lack, specially when it comes to our duas being answered, and we do despair quite easily. And it's hard to remember these words at such a testing time, but nevertheless, we should try not to lose sight of the fact that Allah knows best, and He is the best planner.

on January 14, 2006 4:17 PM
Bint Saeed said

SubhanAllah, well said sister Saima. Oftentimes we wail and despair at our affairs, some even go as fate as cursing their fate without ever realizing the following:

1. Allah SWT's tests those most dear to HIM
2. The current situations we face are what Allah SWT has WILLED to be the best for us.
3. Lessons can be learned from every experience

But alas we are everforgetful human beings and the struggle is always to stay on the straight path. We should preoccupy ourselves in THIS task, of maintaining the middleway and remembering/praising/reflection on ALLAH SWT.

on January 15, 2006 1:08 AM
zed said

YEs...sis, WHO AM I......??that certainly stopped me complaining..Sr.u write beautifyully

on March 22, 2006 4:46 PM